I think everyone has the point in their life where they wish the could turn back time and give their younger self some advice. Now that I’m 23, I quite often think back to the period between graduating high school and moving countries, and wonder why on Earth I did anything I did. I definitely wish I had someone to tell me these things so that I could’ve known them a little sooner, but then again, would I be where I am today if I didn’t go through everything I did? That’ll be a question that no-one will ever know!
- Stop stressing about university. Your points only matter the year after graduation.
- Actually university is nothing like how you imagined it would be!
- Speak up and stand up for yourself.
- Stop trying to be like your bad-influencing friends.
- Actually you have a bad feeling about them, so why are they still in your life?!
- Look after your hair and skin.
- Travel as much as you can.
- Don’t lie to your parents. They have been through all this before and have only your best interests at heart.
- Say yes to most things, but know when to say no.
- Make the most of the time with your family. Soon you’ll be on the other side of the world to them and missing them more than life itself.
- Friends will come and go. Only make time for those who make time for you.
- Don’t let past boyfriends back into your life.
- Don’t turn to boys when you’re feeling lonely or upset. Talk to your girl friend instead!
- Don’t compare you life to someone else’s.
- Turns out packing groceries is one of the best jobs you’ve had yet.
- Everything happens for a reason, embrace it.
- Life has a plan for you, so let it roll out.
What would you tell your younger self?