I haven’t done many Christmas posts yet.. and unfortunately don’t have many lined up (due to just being super busy this holiday season), so I thought I’d google a little festive Q&A, and found this one that Laura Orr Interiors did a few years back. Definitely let me know if you also answer these, I’d love to read your answers!
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate all winter long!! But I do have the occasional delicious egg nog too!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? He wraps the presents! Unwrapping is all part of the fun!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Warm white!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, honestly I don’t think I’ve ever seen mistletoe…
5. When do you put your decorations up? 1st weekend of December
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? As much as I love the traditional Christmas dinner in Canada, I do miss the shrimp in Australia.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Travelling to New Zealand and setting up Grandma’s dining room for the massive feast Christmas eve, waking up early Christmas day to unwrap presents, then before and after lunch sitting out in her garden. So lovely!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Think I was about 9 when me and Mum were walking my little brother, and I asked her about the Christmas stickers (she had accidentally used the same for Santa’s presents and my parents), and then I got thinking about reindeer flying lol
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No, only the advent calendar chocolate
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Usually it’s red and gold themed with a star on top. No tinsel, just lights wrapped around. I have a little tree right now because we’re in a tiny 1-bedroom apartment.
11. Snow! love it or dread it? Love it on Christmas Day, dread it if I’m travelling to work.
12. Can you ice skate? I can stay on my feet yes… haha
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My first laptop.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Being with family and friends. You should always make time for them.. no matter how busy you are.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Pavlova… It would always be at the family Christmas lunch/dinner… it’s not gonna be the same without this year!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Looking back, I don’t think we really had a tradition. But I do love just playing card/board games and drinking with the family. Just quality time together 🙂
17. What tops your tree? A star 🙂 We’re not religious, so don’t find it right having an angel on top.
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Receiving… haha
19. Candy canes: yuck or yum? YUM
20. Favorite christmas movie? The Grinch Who Stole Christmas!
21. Saddest christmas song? The Little Boy Santa Claus Forgot – Nat King Cole
22. What is your favorite christmas song? Merry Christmas Everyone – Shakin’ Stevens
I hope you and your families have a wonder Christmas!