I am soo happy I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award, and this isn’t what I thought it was… so I’m very excited! I was kindly nominated by the gorgeous Anna, behind the blog Just A Peachy Life (you can read her post here.)
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and leave a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 5 other bloggers you want to give this award to and comment on each blog to let them now with a link to your award post.
How my blog started:
I had been contemplating starting a blog for years before I actually did, back in 2015. After moving to Canada, and being stuck indoors most weekends, I decided I needed to find a new hobby and start talking to people who had similar interests to me. My very first blog post was a Bath & Body Works haul, and I still remember writing this. I was visiting my boyfriend who lived 2 hours away, so I made him take me to his local store, I shopped up a storm, and came home and wrote my first blog post while he was at work. As soon as people started taking an interest to it, I knew that this is what I wanted to do as a hobby. I also have found it to be a great outlet for the days when I’m feeling down (homesick) and just need someone to listen. I love to share what I’ve been up to, swap advice with others, and share my thoughts about products or things that are going on. It’s really just a great outlet for me, a peaceful and exciting way to express myself.
Advice for new bloggers:
- Don’t be afraid to take risks. Luckily, nothing is “permanent” with blogging. Didn’t like that post you uploaded? Delete it. Don’t like your theme? Change it. So if you’ve been thinking about blogging for a while, just do it. You’ll know soon enough if it’s for you.
- Write what YOU’RE passionate about. This sounds super cliche, but no one wants to read something they know the writer isn’t passionate about. I’m obsessed with the same 3 lip products and 1 mascara, and I still write them in almost every single makeup post, because that’s what I love. I also love sharing my day through photos, and I’m sure I’ve done a post where I’ve hardly written anything, because I just wanted to share my day. And even though those posts probably don’t get as much traffic as others, it’s okay, because as long as you’re proud of the work you put it, it’ll pay off in the end 🙂 plus… you’re not going to enjoy blogging if you’re not passionate about the things you’re writing about.
My five nominees are:
I hope you enjoyed my story & tips! I can’t wait to read my nominees posts!