I’ve had PLENTY of practice packing my bags, moving houses, and even moving countries for that matter. Ever since I can remember, I’ve always had artwork on my walls (or posters if you’re talking to teen Courtney), little trinkets on my dresser, a dreamcatcher above my bed, and bright duvet covers & cushions on my bed. So from this, I’ve curated a little list of things that have helped me make a new place feel comfortable. And obviously some of these things you wont be able to pack into a suitcase if you’re moving abroad, so leave a bit of extra $$$ to buy things on the other side!
- No matter where I’ve moved, I’ve always brought along personal trinkets & sentimental items, like my dream catcher. I’ve had mine for so long, that it now reminds me of my parents home since moving out.
- Duvet cover & bed sheets. There’s something about having something familiar on my bed. I love it.
- Artwork. White walls aren’t fun. Enough said?
- Plants are another great way of bringing some colour and life to a new space!
- Photos will always come with me, no matter where I move to.
- Buy some candles. They are a must in trying to make a new house feel cozy and comfortable
I want you guys to know I’m here for a chat if you need advice on moving out or abroad. I’ve got quite a bit of experience with it all now!