I’ve alwaaays been a snacker. Morning, afternoon, midnight. I like to eat. And salty snacks are my thing. I’ve recently realised my eating habits have been going downhill (and it’s starting to show). So I thought why not buy a bunch of kale and make something out of them. I decided to try a salt and vinegar recipe after seeing this recipe online, and a basic salt one too, just to see what both are like. And my goodness… they are sooo good!
What you’ll need:
- A bunch of kale, washed
- Himalayan salt (or sea salt)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (I used half malt, half white vinegar)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Tear apart washed kale leaves into bite sized pieces and put into a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil over, and use your hands to massage it into the kale leaves.
- Place leaves in a single layer on a baking tray. Use parchment paper if yours are non-stick!
- Sprinkle salt onto the tops of the leaves.
- For the remaining kale leaves in your bowl, mix in the vinegar.
- Place them in a single layer on a second baking tray.
- Cook for 8-12 minutes, until the leaves are crispy.
- Remove them, let them cool and place in air-tight container for up to 1 week.
Please let me know what other spices you put on yours! I want to get really experimental with these!! 😀