Life can get super stressful sometimes, so it’s important that you look after yourself any chance you can get.
1. Make a tea. It’s literally what they say it is – a hug in a mug. Who could ever resist that? Hot chocolate is also another greeeat one if you’re feeling down – girl, top that with marshmallows and whipped cream! Just stay away from the coffee!
2. Warm baths are soooo relaxing. If you can add a bath bomb, essential oils or epsom salts, it’ll be so much better!
3. If I’ve been having a “I’m in my head and I need to escape it for a while” type of day, I’ll pick up a book. Reading helps to to escape my reality for a bit and drive my mind towards someone else’s story for a little while. I also love to read in bed before going to sleep, because it really slows down my mind and helps me relax very quickly.
4. Write things down! This takes a load off your mind and I find it really helps me with my stress levels and anxiety. If I have a list of things to do in my head, I’ll then worry I’ll forget to do one of them. Plus, there’s something about adding to a list, and crossing things off as you complete them 🙂
5. Turn off all electronics at least 30 minutes before you plan to go to sleep. This puts your body into “oh it’s bed time” mode. I like to read my book or pamper myself in the bathroom before hitting the hay.
Make sure you comment your favourite ways to wind down!! I’d love to hear all kinds of suggestions 🙂