Sushi is undoubtedly my favourite food ever, and so much fun to make! So I really hope you’re enjoyment of sushi is the same as mine, and you have fun making it too! Lets get startedddd!
What you’ll need:
2 cups sushi rice
6 nori/seaweed sheets
200 grams imitation crab meat, sliced
1 cucumber, sliced
2 cups shredded carrot
1 cup of room temp water
What to do:
How to cook the rice:
- Bring 4 cups of salted water to a boil. Add rice to it. Once boiled, cover and let it simmer for 20 mins. Let it sit for 5 mins, then put it in freezer to cool (or fridge, but freezer is obviously a lot quicker to bring temperature down).
How to put the sushi together:
- Lay nori lengthwise, shiny side down.
- Wet spoon and spoon rice onto mat, and spread the rice 3/4 up nori sheet, all the way to side edges.
- Lay a few slices of crab, cucumber and carrot at the edge closest to you, and fill it right to edges again.
- Roll nori sheet upwards (away from you) & tightly, making sure to hold ingredient in place.
- Wet your fingers and run water across the top 1/4 of nori that should have no rice.
- Roll nori completely and press firmly to make sure the water is allowing the nori to stick to itself.
- Slice the roll into desired lengths, and wah-lah, you have SUSHI. YUM!
Other ingredient ideas: tuna, roasted chicken, smoked salmon, avocado, capsicum, cream cheese, anything you love really.. go wild!
Note: use a bamboo sheet if you have one – it does make rolling a lot easier! I’ve left mine somewhere, and couldn’t find it 😦
Let me know how you made out and what you put in your sushi!