The newest thing out there, thanks to Pinterest, is baking eggs in an avocado. It seems to be the newest easy food craze, and obviously is super healthy and good for you, so I thought I would finally try it and give you my personal thoughts and if it is worth all the hype that it has.Serves: 1 | Time: 20 minutes | Difficulty: So Easy!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED…
Salt & Pepper to taste
Fresh Thyme, bacon, cheese – what ever you prefer – I used thyme because that’s all I had
LET’S DO THIS!
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil – try to make a nest for you avocado to sit in.
2. Cut your avocado in half and remove the seed. Scoop out a little more of the centre to fit your eggs. (Little bite size snack while you wait!). Sit the avocado halves in your little foiled nest on the baking tray.
3. Crack each egg into the scooped-out part of each avocado.
4. Sprinkle your salt and pepper, and herbs or cheese or whatever you decided to top them with!
5. Bake in oven for 15-20mins – this will vary on the size of you avo’s & if you like your egg runny or not. I baked mine for 18 mins, and the egg was a tiny bit runny, and my avo’s were smaller in size.
Honestly, I LOVE avocados, but not the biggest fan of egg… so I didn’t think I would enjoy these as much as I did! They were fantastically delicious!!! haha
Let me know in the comments what you think about them. They are so easy and scrumptious – definitely a winner recipe in my books!!