It’s getting really super cold here in Canada (it’s only the beginning of fall!!!), and I have been really enjoying making noodle soups. Whether they be with udon noodles, or vermicelli noodles, it is just amazing. It’s so easy to make, you can put almost anything you want in them, and they warm up your insides so deliciously! Keep reading if you want this cooking on your stove, mmmm…
Keep in mind that this recipe is my own, therefore it’s my own flavour selections, and it’s what I had in my cupboards. It fed both me and my boyfriend, so mix it up a little and have fun making it!! Suit it to your personal choice of foods and flavours, I’ll leave other suggestions down below on what to use 🙂
1 pack of noodles (udon, vermicelli, any noodle you like really)
Chicken stock/broth (or any flavour instant cup-a-soup – beef, spicy, anything you like)
Handful of snow peas
Hand full of bok choy
Bacon (chicken, beef, tofu)
4 cups of water
Show Me How
1. Boil the water in a saucepan, then add the chicken stock/soup to it, making sure to stir it well.
2. Fry the egg in a saucepan, or boil it in a saucepan with boiled water for about 10-15 minutes.
3. Fry the bacon in a non-stick pan, until crispy.
4. Cut the bok choy into large chunks, the ends off the snowpeas, spring onion into thin bits, bacon into short strips, and either de-shell the boiled egg or cut the fried egg into strips.
5. Put the noodles into the stock to heat them up and soften them.
6. Pour the stock and noodle mix into a bowl. Garnish with the vegetables.
7. Take your instagram picture, them mix it all together for a scrumptious, hearty, cold-weather meal.
Other garnishes/ingredients you may want to try:
Beef, tofu, chicken, turkey, ham
Fresh ginger, shredded
Cilantro (for garnish)
Lime wedges (for garnish)
Sesame oil (for stock)
Soy sauce (for stock)
Garlic (for stock)
Honey (for stock)
Seriously, go wild. Have fun!!! 🙂 Let me know in the comments what you tried and how delicious it was!
Lots of love, xxx